Dr. Halee Fischer-Wright is a nationally recognized physician leader, health care executive, and former business consultant whose work focuses on creating cultures of excellence and bringing balance to healthcare through focused innovation. Dr. Fischer-Wright is president and CEO of Medical Group Management Association (MGMA). Her most recent book, Back to Balance: The Art, Science, and Business of Medicine, was a national bestseller. She is also the co-author of Tribal Leadership, a New York Times bestseller about leveraging natural groups to build a thriving organization.
Prior to assuming her current role, she was a practicing physician, management consultant in multiple industries, president of Rose Medical Group, and chief medical officer within Centura Health. She is the recipient of multiple national awards for leadership in innovation, health care, business, and women’s leadership. Dr. Fischer-Wright holds a bachelor’s degree and an M.D. from the University of Colorado, a master’s degree in medical management from the University of Southern California, and a certificate in executive leadership coaching from Georgetown University. She currently lives in Denver, Colorado.
- Most Powerful Women in Healthcare IT, Thought Leaders, Health Data Management magazine
- A “Top 25 Women In Healthcare,” Modern Healthcare
- Most Powerful Women in Healthcare, Healthcare IT
- Outstanding Women in Business nominee, Denver Business Journal
- Silver Award winner, Executive of the Year, Stevie American Business Award
- Silver Award winner, Woman of the Year, Stevie American Business Award
- Top 100 Healthcare Leaders 2017, Modern Healthcare
- Top 100 Healthcare Leaders 2016, Modern Healthcare
- CoBiz Top Company Award Nominee
- Gold Award Winner for Maverick of the Year, Stevie International Women’s Business Award
- Bronze Award Winner for Female Executive of the Year, Stevie International Women’s Business Award
- Silver Award Winner for Woman of the Year, Stevie International Business Award
- Becker’s Hospital Top 100 in Healthcare 2016
- Top 100 Healthcare Leaders 2015, Modern Healthcare